• Imagine your 5-8th grader coming face to face with a cave cricket while squeezing through the Masher in a Kentucky cave or examining a sea urchin in the Virgin Islands. Wherever we go, we question, draw, write and do; authentic learning at its best.
• Imagine your Kindergartener using technology to go into classrooms around the globe, working collaboratively on Edmodo with a team of students from Canada, China, and Czechoslovakia to share ideas that will lead to a greater understanding of different cultures.
• Imagine a school that is small enough that once a year the entire student body, grades PK-8th, can spend two weeks together creating an original musical, designed to communicate in a creative way information they have studied as a whole school.
• Imagine your 7th or 8th grader sharing the podium with the President of Salem Rotary as a leader in one of the collaborative projects organized and run by The Phoenix EarlyAct Club, a student run community service club.
Have you ever met a Phoenix student? When you do, you’ll want one too. Please call me to schedule your visit today.
I am thrilled that you are interested in The Phoenix School as an option for your child. I am the Director of Admissions and invite you to visit a school that is truly like no other. Step through our door and find yourself in a large, open space divided into learning areas filled with a rich array of opportunities for authentic learning for all ages PK-8th grade. A Phoenix education is not limited by its four walls. Students venture out in the world to use the rich resources of the Salem community, board the train for Boston, or as 5-8th graders, take a flight for their annual Travel-Study trip as Phoenix students travel to learn.
Director of Admissions
Applying to The Phoenix School includes the following:
• Prospective Parent Visit
• Supporting Information
• Student Visit
• Parent Interview
• Financial Assistance
Prospective Parent Visit
There is no better way to learn about a school than to visit. We offer a number of different options.
Schedule a tour.
Plan to spend about a half hour so that you have a tour of the school given by a student, meet the heads and faculty, observe and interact with students at work, and meet with Leslie Levesque, Director of Admissions, to answer any specific questions you may have.
Have your child visit.
If you think The Phoenix School is a good fit for your child and you are serious about applying, schedule a day for your child to visit for the day. This option is for students applying for 1st-8th grade only. PK and K applicants will have a visiting time scheduled with the Director of Admissions.
Attend an Exhibition Night and Open House
Join Phoenix parents and students from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm at one of our evening Exhibition Nights and Open Houses where students will display, share, and answer questions you might have about the samples of their schoolwork they have chosen to display.
Complete the application form online or print the PDF and return it with the $50 non-refundable application fee. Applications will be processed and student visits scheduled as they are received.
Student Evaluation PK-1st
Student Evaluation 2nd-5th
Student Evaluation 6th-8th - MATH
Student Evaluation 6th-8th - ENGLISH
Once you have submitted an application and we have received the Teacher Recommendation form and school records, we will schedule a visit for your child.
PK-K applicants – 2 hour visit
Grades 1-4 applicants – 1 full day visit
Grades 5-8 applicants – 2 consecutive, full days visit
After the visit and the receipt of School Records and the Teacher Recommendation Form, we will schedule a Parent Interview. This is the time we will explore whether or not we all feel there would be a good match between what The Phoenix School offers and the needs of your child and the goals and values of your family. Parents will receive written notification of our decision. To accept and reserve a place for the next school year, a non-refundable $1000 deposit is due upon acceptance of a place. Deposits for financial aid applicants are determined as a percentage of tuition charges.
If you are interested in being considered for financial aid, click the button below and complete the online application.
The following forms are part of the admissions packet. These are also available in printed form at the school if you'd prefer to pick up or have them mailed to you.
• Admissions Application
• Teacher Recommendation form for PK – 1.
• Teacher Recommendation form for grades 2-5.
• Teacher Recommendation form for grades 6-8 Math.
• Teacher Recommendation form for grades 6-8 English.
• Record Release Form